As the new school year approaches (gasp!), I've been reflecting on some of my old and new practices. Here's a list of a few things I want to stop, continue, or start doing.
- I want to stop forgetting to have warm-ups in my Algebra 2 Honors class. I only have them one class period and sometimes I just forget. I'm planning my daily schedule in that class a little differently this year, so hopefully that will help.
- I want to stop collecting daily homework. I like that I can check to see if students attempt every problem, but it just takes so long. I'm going to walk around the class and check off their homework on my clipboard this year. I'm sick of the paper pile!
- I will continue to have students do their bellwork and classwork in their personal class notebooks. It is so much better than individual sheets of paper. Also, I can check them whenever I want.
- I want to continue to blog, pin, and create for Teachers Pay Teachers. I like sharing what I'm doing in my class. I also love looking for and creating new things!
- I'm going to try incorporate foldables this year. I'm not taking the full plunge into interactive notebooks, but I'm going to use them with their regular notes. I need to get my feet wet first.
- I have already planned to start using some 3 act math tasks this year. I'll write more about them when I get to them. My daily lessons need more real-life examples and critical thinking. I'm so excited to try this!
What do you want to start, continue, and/or stop this coming school year?